Susan G. Komen 2011

Race for the Cure - Boise, Idaho 



Parkcenter Blvd. was a sea of pink on Saturday, May 7th, as more than 16,000 breast cancer survivors, co-survivors, supporters and local celebrities gathered for the 13th Annual Komen Boise Race for the Cure.


To date, the 2011 5K and 1 mile race has raised over $250,000 with fundraising efforts not ending until May 31st.  75% of the funds will stay local to provide breast health information to the community and allow for breast screenings and treatment access to under-insured and uninsured women and culturally diverse populations.  The remaining 25% will be sent to the Susan G. Komen headquarters for groundbreaking breast cancer research.
The event ended with all of the breast cancer survivors in attendance, taking part in the annual Survivor Parade. The memorable moment of the morning was a sign of unity amongst all those who continue to fight this disease and have won their battle.

Heather Mallary, Miss Idaho International 2011


Thank you to Idaho's Hometown Dairy &
also the Dairymen of Idaho Association 
for their continued support & sponsorship







Bodybuilding.com was acknowledged as the highest local
 fundraising group for the Susan G. Komen, 
2011 Race for the Cure 



I met so many young supporters of Breast Cancer Awareness
that were with their families during the Race for the Cure. 

Inspiring a Younger Generation 
in hopes to educate them towards their future 
and awareness towards Breast Cancer.

It was amazing to see, meet and hear the inspirational stories
that were covered during this event! 


Heather Mallary, Miss Idaho 2011 with
 Fitness Model and Representative of Bodybuilding.com,
Jamie Eason